Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Magic Thing

I've been keeping at eye on the comments at this story on the Times-Call:

Mayor wants to trim length of public speaking at meetings

and saw this little blurp:

In the real world I sit in meetings all of the time at work and someone is always yabbering on about something and taking my time away from my work as well. I end up having to put in OT to get things done that could have been done had I not been wasting my time in a meeting listening to some tool. In this case, someone is yabbering on and causing Mayor Baum to be bored and not get his list of things done. I can feel for you Mayor Baum; however, aren't the citizens your boss? Don't we pay your salary? Didn't we elect you so we could be heard? (yes I voted for you) Shouldn't you listen to us anyway, even the boring ones? just a thought.
time_to_rant, Longmont, CO, 1/26/2010 4:28 PM

So, I felt it incumbent upon me to add this:

"...causing Mayor Baum to be bored and not get his list of things done..." - which really upsets the people holding his receipt. I can imagine his discomfort. Failure to perform is usually punished severely by the GOP. No doubt having Tom 'The Hammer' Delay's ex-office-manager (Councilman Santos) sitting to his right is becoming less and less comforting. Funny how that works.
M. Douglas Wray, Longmont, CO, 1/26/2010 9:35 PM

Irony is a magic thing

No comments: