Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Trying to understand the new rules...

Since the new council has made it clear they want to go forward in a spirit of cooperation, I'll play along.
Here's my recent email to our newly-minted (and still shiny!) Mayor:

Dear Mr. Mayor,

After my last time at the podium I'm somewhat reticent to speak to Council, however, I feel compelled.

Since 'attacks on council members' aren't allowed, I'd appreciate a detailed list of exactly what constitutes an 'attack' so I can be sure to avoid same. Is irony forbidden? Satire subversive?

If there are specific subjects that CANNOT BE SPOKEN OF, could you or a staff member please let me know as soon as possible?

I appreciate your time and consideration sir.

ps, without your guidance I will soldier on and do my very best to show council the respect I believe it deserves.

M. Douglas Wray
macguiguru@spamcop.net
--
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.
When the loyal opposition dies, I think the soul of America dies with it."
- Edward R. Murrow

No comments: