Friday, January 16, 2009

Goodbye and Good Riddance

From The American Prospect:

After eight years of President Bush, we almost don't know how to function without him -- almost. But before we move on, we should pause to remember just what we're leaving behind.

Paul Waldman | November 11, 2008 | web only

Just over two years into George W. Bush’s presidency, The American Prospect featured Bush on its cover under the headline, "The Most Dangerous President Ever." At the time, some probably thought it a bit over the top. But nearly six years later, it's worth taking a moment to reflect on the multifaceted burden that will soon be lifted from our collective shoulders.

Since last week, I have stopped short and shaken my head in amazement every time I have heard the words "President-elect Obama." But it is equally extraordinary to consider that in just a few weeks, George W. Bush will no longer be our president. Let me repeat that: In just a few weeks, George W. Bush will no longer be our president. So though our long national ordeal isn't quite over, it's never too early to say goodbye.

There's more and it's good.

7 comments:

ToLo said...

The best comment I've read or heard on Bush's farewell speech was this one, from Chris Matthews, speaking last night on keith Olbermann's show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67mzhLOVqO4

ToLo said...

Keith, not keith.

I hate it when I miss an error on proofreading ...

Doogman said...

WHAT!!?? You commie slacker!! You'd better mind your p's and q's camper! (stern glare)

ToLo said...

HA! Dooty: you can't tell a P or a Q from a k or a K ...

Doogman said...

Bite me artboy.

ToLo said...

That's "P" as in "Pip" and "Q" as in "sQueak" ...

Doogman said...

I got yer 'squeak' - right over here. (prepares to fire the 'aft guns')