Sunday, December 21, 2008

Nation of Laws Once Again?

You can’t just suddenly change some thing that’s illegal into something that is legal by having a lawyer writing an opinion saying that it’s legal. Things can’t work that way or else someone could get a lawyer and say a crime is not a crime and then that would be a defense. It is not a defense. And I was astounded frankly, when I heard the Vice President of the United States sort of just blandly and blindly saying that he thought that was appropriate thing and yes he was involved in discussions about it.
- Senator Carl Levin, Chairman of the Armed Services Committee

And with that one statement, America puts its foot on the road back to being a nation of laws, not men.

I'm sure reicht, er right wing lawyers everywhere spewed scorching-hot java through their well-bred noses when they read that.

Yes (old) boys, the bullet train of gravy and power just blew through it's last whistlestop.

When Cheney admitted, on television, to the public that he was involved in discussions about torture, he as much as flipped his middle finger at the Constitution and sneered "Come and get me copper".

It's time to jail this audacious crimminal.

3 comments:

ToLo said...

Here here!

I'd love to slap that smirk off his repugnant face myself.

Brian Summers said...

I saw a bumper sticker today that read: "Jokes over. Time to put the Constitution back." It's gonna take a mighty big rail to run these criminals outta Washington, but I'll chip in.

Doogman said...

Don't forget the tar and feathers!